Supports country budgets
The European plastics industry contributed 28.8 billion euros to public finances and social welfare in 2018.
Recycling occurs worldwide
In 2018, 9.4 million tonnes of plastic post-consumer waste were collected in Europe to be recycled (inside and outside the EU)*.
* Data from Plastics – The Facts 2019
An analysis of European plastics production, demand and waste data. Data for EU-28 plus Norway and Switzerland.
Plastics 2030 – a voluntary commitment
Bringing together plastic product manufacturers in Europe, PlasticsEurope solicited a voluntary commitment in 2018 that focuses on 4 calls to action:
- produce recyclable material (target: 100%)
- increase re-use and recycling (target: over 55%)
- prevent the disposal of plastic materials into the environment (target: 10% less plastic in the landfills)
- accelerate the efficiency of resources
Did you know that…
young people like plastic. In fact, according to the Censis 2018 report, The Plastic Challenge: Smart Management for a Smart Material, all generations agree that plastic is essential in at least one area of their lives. In particular, 98.6% of millennials (18-34 years old), 96.8% of baby boomers (35-64) and 94% of Italians over 65.